Welcome to Ravenstone Cottages
Self catering holiday cottages in Dumfries & Galloway
Come and stay with us and explore Scotland’s best kept secret – this is breath-taking countryside without the crowds. You can discover it before your friends and wax lyrical of empty beaches, walks meeting no one, cycling adventures and stargazing extraordinaire. It is all waiting on this lovely peninsula in Dumfries and Galloway.
We offer you two options, town or country. Southfield, a historic Georgian townhouse in the heart of Wigtown, Scotland’s Book Town or our eco-friendly Orchard Cottage, located on a quiet track off the main road to Garlieston. Nearby there are sheltered sandy beaches, great days out for the kids, cycling, beautiful gardens and nurseries, excellent fishing, golfing and in the Galloway Forest Park, the UK’s first Dark Sky Park. Young or old, there is something for everyone.
Southfield has two double rooms and one with three singles, so it can sleep 7 comfortably – perfect for families of 5 plus granny and grandpa. Wigtown gives you easy access to the Galloway Hills and bookshops galore. At Orchard Cottage there’s three bedrooms, two en-suite plus a third master bathroom plus a spacious kitchen/dining/living space which is perfect for family get aways. For fantastic views, climb our Iron Age Hill Fort or jump in the car for 5 minutes to reach Rigg Bay’s lovely sheltered sandy beach.
At A Glance
- Sleeps 7 in three rooms + cot
- One en-suite double bedroom on ground floor
- First floor large double room and three single beds in third bedroom with shared family bathroom
- Two newly configured sitting rooms with comfy sofas for all; spacious kitchen with dining table
- Historic Georgian townhouse in heart of Wigtown
- Ammenities – pubs/restaurants/coffee shops/book shops nearby
- Walled garden, with children’s play area
- Short walk to Wigtown’s Nature Reserve to watch the bird migrations